Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hat's off to CASE'ing


I'll be the first to admit when I CASE a card, as in the "case" with this one. Some time ago Cambria Turnbow's blog had a wonderful tutorial on different ways to use the Square Steps Punch and I just love what she did, so I cased her template for this card. I used a pale blue card as the base (can't tell if its bashful blue) as well as for the 2" square needed with the square steps punch. Pale plum was used for the narrow strip across and for the smaller square (1 3/8" punch). I stamped a flower from the Sassy Stems set and watercolored with moss and rose red, then used a 1 1/4" circle punch. I thought the Sassy Stems flower went well with the decorative paper. The decorative paper is Basic Grey's oh so pretty LilyKate. "Happy Birthday" is from the Flourished Words set and stamped in rose red. This came out so nice that it will be one of the cards we will make during our August stamping group meeting - ladies I hope you like this!!

1 comment:

flourishes said...

I love how very delicate this card it...truly very pretty.