Monday, August 13, 2007

Cake Decorating!!

Here is another card using the Cake Decorating 101 set. This set has so many possibilities...if you haven't seen some of the great creations using this set, check out the Flourishes Designer Gallery on the Flourishes online boutique.


This card started with cameo coral as the base, with a strip of cocoa and Basic Grey Blush decorative paper. I used the Spellbinders nestability set to cut and emboss the vanilla rectangle on which I mounted my cake and pedestal. Here is a closer look at the embossing feature for these die cuts.


Both cake and pedestal were stamped on BG Blush series with cocoa. For the cake, I overstamped SU's filigree to get a more decorative look. A white signo pen was used for highlights. "Happy Birthday" is from the Flourished Words set and was also stamped in cocoa. This is the third card I made for our stamping meeting this week.

4 comments:

flourishes said...

Oh My, Oh My...it just gets better and better....love this new cake

Sewflake said...

Love the new look and I'm ready to eat cake. Wish I had a piece.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

This is stunning! I love it!
:-)

Susie said...

Beautiful card. Love your choice of colors.