Tuesday, March 20, 2007

bleaching


At last months stamp club meeting, one of our members revisited a bleaching technique. You emboss the image in clear EB on dark card stock, then bleach out the open areas. The embossed area retains the darkness of the card stock. After a few attempts, you will realize that some cardstock will bleach lighter than others. My SU cardstock lightened up very little. This card stock from Paperbilities was the same - I had to use 3 coats of bleach before I acheived this result.

(All stamps SU, green galore, brilliant blue and versamark inks)

2 comments:

Julie said...

i love this!

Susie said...

I love this card! I was surfing through stamping blogs (total addiction)when I saw your name, in particular your last name. I used to go to school with a David Kirk. Now of course their could be a million Kirks in the world... but then I saw that you grew up in Connecticut, which is where I was born and raised as well. Wethersfield to be exact. :) That still doesn't mean it's the same Kirk family but then, life is full of little coincidences isn't it? :)