Thursday, April 5, 2007

hello again


Yes, it's been a while since my last post, but we had family visiting from Chicago and were busy "offline"!

Now for the latest creation...I'm doing more experimenting with watercoloring - just love the look. This card started with Buckaroo Blue cardstock on which I stamped the Swirls set from Rhonna Farrer - this is just a wonderful set I picked up at Target for less than $10. I used a white gel pen to accent portions of the swirls. For the main images, I used Strathmore 80lb watercolor paper. The images were stamped with black Staz on then colored with Coral and Banana reinkers mixed with Winsor & Newton blending medium for watercolor. I used about three layers of colors, building up the intensity as I went on. A light wash of banana was also applied in the background. I would use a heavier weight paper next time as the 80 lb is a little thinner than what I am used to, and less blending medium as it diluted the colors more than I had expected. I mounted the images on Coral, then Banana and added a ribbon from Hobby Lobby.
(stamps by Stampin up, Rhonna Farrer)

No comments: