Monday, April 30, 2007

a little toile goes a long way

I was in Michael's over the weekend with some friends, primarily to look at the new Martha Stewart products, but also to scavenge through the $1 bins. I like Martha's products - her color palette has always been very pleasing to me, so we purchased some of the paper (and split it up so that we each got at least one of each color).
I was intrigued, so the next day I ventured out to another Michael's, a little further away. I scored big on the clear $1 stamps, and while I was walking around the discount bins, something caught my eye.

In an otherwise empty $1 bin, sat two round buttons. I reached in to get a better look and ....oh no........toile.

Why "oh no" you ask? Well, I don't care for toile...so why were these button calling to me? I found them very pretty. BUT I don't like toile. I stood there thinking....then it hit me.

I don't like toile because whenever I see a room done in toile.....well the ROOM is DONE in toile!!. Toile overload!! The wallpaper, bedspread, curtains, pillows, upholstrey. I get toile vertigo when I see something like that.

A little toile goes a long way.

I realized with this one little button, I would create a simple card with the button as the focal point. My little creation is below. And guess what....I love the little toile scene.


(Martha Stewart paper (swan color), cuttlebug EF (textile), stamp by Fiskars, misc ribbon and a $1 toile button)



1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

This is super...love the textile folder mixed with the toile!