Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Photo Tinting



We had a great meeting of our stamp group this month!! Four different techniques!! Here is my take on one of them, photo tinting. Sherry showed us this technique, where she took a black and white photo and used pastel chalks and a stencil brush to rub color on certain parts of the picture. Now, I know that there are special pens and inks to do this technique, but not having those supplies I used what I have. I took this photo from my photo editing software (Printshop), changed it to black and white and printed it on glossy photo paper. Then I used Ancient Page inks and a makeup sponge to apply green to the leaf and pink to the flower. On my first attempt I used too much pink, so I tried again and this time the pink is more subtle.

For the sentiment (from Impress) I stamped using Staz On opaque cotton white. I have had limitied sucess with this color. It never seems white enough for me...so I used my white signa pen and wrote over the stamped image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is awesome! What a good use of your resources. Can't wait to see what else you made from the class.