Saturday, September 15, 2007

Watercolor Dreams


Has it been ten days since I posted?? We've been so busy at the Flourishes Studio and yesterday Jan and I finally took the chance to actually stamp for pleasure!! We both worked with the Fantasy Floral Garden set available at Flourishes. I brought along my Zia Watercolor
Wash sprays - I love these and don't create with them nearly as often as I should.

When you think watercolor, usually you think soft, muted colors but it does not have to be that way. As you can see from this card the colors are very vibrant. Using a black card as the base really makes the colors pop. Here is how I made the card:


Supplies used:

Strathmore Watercolor Paper, cold press, 140 lb
Zia Watercolor Wash Sprays
Palette Noir Hybrid Ink
Rose Red and Black Cardstock
Fantasy Floral Garden Stamp Set
Pop dot and general adhesive


-On a piece of watercolor paper, scribble silver metallic ink in a random pattern and heat until dry.
-Spray three colors of Zia Watercolor washes. For this card I used Citron, Fire Opal and Garnet. Heat set each color before applying the next color. Cut off a section of the paper to use to stamp the "Dream" phrase.
-Stamp images from the Fantasy Floral Garden set using Palette Noir Hybrid Ink (I have come to love this ink more than Staz-On.)
-Mount on rose red and black. The "Dream" phrase is mounted on black and attached to the card with a pop dot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Nancy! The black flower is outstanding!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy! This is gorgeous! I love how you have the flower and leaves coming out of the corner, just perfect :)

PS - I am so lovin' high speed, I feel like my life has changed,lol.

Becca said...

Just gorgeous..I love the colours and technique. Beautiful.