Monday, September 17, 2007

Sketch Challenge



Are you a member of the SCS fan club?? The fan club gallery is a source of great inspiration and now fan club members can participate in monthly sketch challenges!! This is my entry and I love how the colors came out.




Supplies used:
Paper: Teal, green galore and white
Ink: Palette Noir, green galore, Zia Colorwash
Other: Acetate, die cuts, clear drying glue (elmers), tissue paper
Stamps: Fantasy Floral Garden by Flourishes


Instructions:
-Stamp images on acetate with Palette Noir, let dry and turn acetate over
-On the reverse side of the acetate, apply glue covering the acetate completely. Spray on Zia colorwash (I used citron and blue topaz) and gently mix the ink into the glue. You can also use a couple of drop of reinkers for this technique.
-Crumble up a piece of tissue paper, then uncrumble and place over the glued and inked acetate. Let dry - this may take several hours!
-Mount on green galore and white.
-Stamp other images with green galore an a piece of green galore paper. Stamp small floral image in Palette Noir in lower right corner
-Punch or die cut two ovals, one in white and one in teal. Stamp "Bloom" in Palette Noir on the white and sponge with green galore.
-Attach all pieces as shown.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Your card is gorgeous!!!!! I have never stamped on acetate but will be soon. What type of glue did you use to put on the back of the acetate. Love this card.

Mary

Kelly said...

So pretty I just the combination of colors!!

Becca said...

what a lovely card.
Merry Christmas
Bela

Anonymous said...

Hello Nancy: Thanks for the post on my blog..I wanted to compliment you on your floral card, it is so pretty. Have a great day, Bela

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow....this card is Awesome!!!

Unknown said...

WOW.. i love the colors that you picked for this challenge! Amazing job!

Jessica Lynn

Curt in Indy said...

What a beautiful technique! I agree, I love how the colors came out on this! Great job! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

Nancy this is gorgeous!! I love these colors and what a neat technique! Thanks for sharing it. I am a fan club member and I didn't realize there were new challenges...I will have to check it out!
smiles,Deena

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin these colors, so pretty.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Great technique. The colors are so vivid.