Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Wedding Invitation

With wedding season upon us, many crafters are looking for ideas for wedding invitations. I thought I would post what I created for a relative's wedding last year. I started with a half sheet of blue metallic card stock for the base (Michael's). Then I took white lightweight cardstock and cut it 1/4" smaller than the blue on each side and stamped a Cala Lily(which was the bride's choice) in ballet blue in the center. I used a computer with a nice script font to generate the invitation and printed it on vellum, which I cut to match the size of the white cardstock. The vellum and white were attached together with a silver ribbon (JoAnn's) and then I used my xyron to attach these to the blue metallic.

Suggestions for those of you who are doing invites....decide on your envelope first!! In this case, the bride wanted the invitation in its own envelope, then have that inserted in the mailing envelope. I could not find internal/external envelope sets locally so I went online and placed the order. After you get the envelopes you can determine what size the actual invitation should be.

1 comment:

Stampernmore said...

This is a beautiful invite and some great info. I will remember that if I ever make invites for people!